Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Preparation and Tests!

Monday - Wednesday:

  • Well I've been a bit busy at school so I haven't been able to post the last couple of days.  The main reason why I have been so busy is that I was told on Monday that I will have to do speaking tests for all 500ish students next week.  Oops.  I knew there was a possibility of the tests for 1st graders (but wasn't definite) but the 2nd grade one threw me a little off guard, but it's getting fairly taken care of but there are still a couple of things to work out.
  • This week for the lessons we are learning about Thanksgiving!  I am doing this with the 2nd graders.  We are going old school and we are making hand-turkeys!  I wasn't sure how they would react if they would like it or not but they have actually been really into it for the most part! I am having them make and draw their turkey and then they have to write what they are thankful for.  I am hanging up the best ones on my desk in the teachers office for everyone to see!
  • The 1st graders are doing the sports lesson this week and they seem to be getting a kick out of it.  Some students were a bit devastated about the test, but I couldn't really tell them any earlier since I didn't know!
  • Today (Wednesday), students were preparing for the festival tomorrow and doing different rehearsals and things like that so no one had class in the afternoon.  My co-teacher invited me to go on a hike with her and a Physics teacher, Mr. Ree.  I saw the mountain we were going to climb and thought it wouldn't really be a problem.  We could get up and down and back to school in an hour.  Took 2.5 hours -__-  Oh well, it was a great view.  I saw both Gwangyang and Suncheon from the same spot so that was cool.
  • Nothing too new with the gym.  Just doing the workouts and all of that.  Today, we did box jumps, thrusts, and burpees.  I think I have finally mastered the double-under too!  That is when you are doing the jump rope and instead of just jumping over the rope the normal one time, you do it twice.  I was practicing everyday after the WOD and I got about 25 in a row today!

No comments:

Post a Comment