- Well I've been a bit busy at school so I haven't been able to post the last couple of days. The main reason why I have been so busy is that I was told on Monday that I will have to do speaking tests for all 500ish students next week. Oops. I knew there was a possibility of the tests for 1st graders (but wasn't definite) but the 2nd grade one threw me a little off guard, but it's getting fairly taken care of but there are still a couple of things to work out.
- This week for the lessons we are learning about Thanksgiving! I am doing this with the 2nd graders. We are going old school and we are making hand-turkeys! I wasn't sure how they would react if they would like it or not but they have actually been really into it for the most part! I am having them make and draw their turkey and then they have to write what they are thankful for. I am hanging up the best ones on my desk in the teachers office for everyone to see!
- The 1st graders are doing the sports lesson this week and they seem to be getting a kick out of it. Some students were a bit devastated about the test, but I couldn't really tell them any earlier since I didn't know!
- Today (Wednesday), students were preparing for the festival tomorrow and doing different rehearsals and things like that so no one had class in the afternoon. My co-teacher invited me to go on a hike with her and a Physics teacher, Mr. Ree. I saw the mountain we were going to climb and thought it wouldn't really be a problem. We could get up and down and back to school in an hour. Took 2.5 hours -__- Oh well, it was a great view. I saw both Gwangyang and Suncheon from the same spot so that was cool.
- Nothing too new with the gym. Just doing the workouts and all of that. Today, we did box jumps, thrusts, and burpees. I think I have finally mastered the double-under too! That is when you are doing the jump rope and instead of just jumping over the rope the normal one time, you do it twice. I was practicing everyday after the WOD and I got about 25 in a row today!
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Preparation and Tests!
Monday - Wednesday: