Tuesday, June 19, 2012

2 Weeks to Go

I can't believe that I only have two weeks left in the states.  As I am preparing and just going about doing everything I do, I cannot help but think things like 'this is going to be the last time that I do this for a year' and stuff like that.  It is now kind of hitting me that I really will be leaving soon and I will be missing a lot of things about home, especially family and friends.  However, this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and is going to be incredibly rewarding and educational.  Who knows, maybe I'll like it so much I'll stay for an extra year or two!  I'm definitely open to it...

In other news, I received my official e-tickets last week.  I am flying from Cleveland to Chicago to L.A. to Incheon/Seoul for a grand total of 18 hours and 25 minutes in the air.  Definitely going to be a couple of days but it's a good time to catch up on my Korean!  I know about half of the alphabet thus far and a couple of basic phrases so it could definitely use some polishing.  It's actually going along much better than I thought it would.  I am mostly using Youtube vidoes and the site www.talktomeinkorean.com and they seem to be working pretty well.

Some of my peers have been making lists of things that they want to do in Korea and I think I might just have to do the same.  Over the next few days, I am going to be making a little list and then I'll post it eventually, but I really have to think of what all it is that I want to do while I am in Korea and what I am truly trying to gain out of this experience.  I'll be sure to let you all know.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment