Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Getting Ready

Hey!  Welcome to my little blog.  I started this basically to keep all of the peeps back home up to date with my exciting adventures overseas.  For those of you who haven't heard, I found out back in late March that I was selected for a Fulbright grant to work as an English Teaching Assistant (ETA) in South Korea for a whole year!  Super exciting right?!

So basically what will happen is that I will leave for Korea on July 3rd, 2012 and will not be returning to the States until July 13th, 2012 at the earliest.  Crazy!  While I'm over in Asia, I will mostly be teaching the English language to middle schoolers or high schoolers (I won't find out which until late July-early August).  I am also hoping to travel around a bit in Korea and the surrounding countries, meet tons of awesome people, go on fun adventures, learn a good amount of the Korean language, and, of course, eat as many delectable new foods as physically possible.

So right now I'm just working and kicking back after a fairly grueling semester.  I just sent in my paperwork for my visa today and I received my initial flight itinerary so things are really starting to get real.  I'm still a bit stunned about the whole idea of me getting the Fulbright and heading to Korea for a whole year but I'm so pumped for it!  For now, I am just working at camp and the boat to save up a lil money before I head out and I'm also slowly attempting to learn Hangul (the Korean alphabet).

If anyone has any questions or whatever, let me know.  I'm going to be posting pics and things once I actually get there so it should look better soon.  I only have eight more weeks left in America so things are happening very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment